Locksmith Training - 8 Day Intensive
This foundation course is designed to introduce delegates with little or no previous experience into the Locksmith world which will ensure each delegate will learn how to pick, open and bypass many types of domestic and commercial locks that are popular in the outside world.
Our students will understand the workings of the lock and therefore how to open them when no keys are available. This is the ideal and our recommended course to provide you with the solid grounding you need to start and run your locksmith business correctly from day one.
The course offers comprehensive and intensive training over an 8 day period with a maximum of 5 students per course. The course is 90% practical to ensure you know how to put the theory into practice. Upon completion of the course you will have the ability to start practicing as a knowledgeable locksmith and have an in-depth ability to work on the locks trained on. You will also receive a detailed instruction manual and training certificate.
Comprehensive Tool Kit
As a part of the cost of the course you will be issued with a comprehensive tool box and tools with a range of opening tools ideal to start your locksmith trade.
We offer a range of courses covering the following skills:
- Stripping and rebuilding cylinders
- Making a key to a lock
- Discussing pinning alike
- Picking rims, euro’s, thumb turns and padlocks
- Picking garage doors, wafer locks
- Picking straight fenced lever locks (Union, Non BS)
- Picking Square notched (Era, viscount, profit, invincible range of mortice locks)
- Picking V notched lever packs (BS, Union not strong bolt)
- Plus various tricks and tips on other mortices available in the industry
- Using the (Jeff Turner) Chubb 3G114, 3G115, 3K74, 3K75 pin and cam
- Using the (Gerraint Jones) Era Fortress, Yale, Union strongbolt decoder
- UPVC failed mechanisms
- 3 and 5 lever mortice picking
- 5 lever non BS and BS locks picked and lever lifted through a small hole
- A few methods are shown on each subject non destructive
- Destructive methods used as a last resort
Within the training course you will have the chance to see and use the very latest state of the art tools available to the modern general Locksmith.
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for general public, armed services not currently involved in the locksmith industry or anyone looking for a career change into a niche market with a high level of technical content and good rewards.
NCFE accredited level 4
|Duration :||8 Days (9am - 5pm)|
|Course Code :||IIQ3704|
|NQF Level :||4|
|Price :||£1750.00 + VAT|
|January 2019||Monday 14th||Places Available|
|March 2019||Monday 18th||Places Available|